Conjee Kindness with mushrooms and bok choy
This conjee recipe treats body and digestion with kindness.
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 cups water
For the topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 bunch bok choy, leaves broken apart
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- Crispy shallots
- Store bought chilli sauce or sambal oelek
- 1-2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Chopped chives or coriander
- Sesame oil (1 teaspoon per bowl)
- Soy sauce (2-3 teaspoons per bowl)
- Place the rice and water in a large saucepan and cover partially with a lid.
- Bring to the boil (this may take up to 15 minutes), reduce heat to a steady simmer and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, particularly towards the end to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms and bok choy.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and add the mushrooms, bok choy and ginger, tossing until cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with the mushroom and bok choy placed on top, sprinkled with the other ingredients and seasoned with the sesame oil and soy sauce.